- New Zealand Flax provides a wonderful accent in any garden with it's bold architectural texture and brilliantly colored foliage. Great for contemporary and modern landscape styles. Easy to maintain, however, some often make the mistake of cutting leaves down to preferred height rather than removing them from the clump at the bottom. More often than not, colorful cultivars will revert back to their standard green or bronze state after several years of growth. This can usually be prevented by removing clumps of reverted growth at the base, and occasionally removing old foliage to allow for the new original colors to come through.
Sun Exposure: Full Sun/lite Shade
Water Needs: Low/moderate
Bloom Season: Infrequent
Mature Height: 4-5'
Mature Width: 4-5'
Proper planting technique will help your plants thrive! Follow these simple steps to help your plants establish quickly, develop a strong root system, and live longer:
- Properly dig the hole
- Amend the soil to suit each particular plant
- Place the plant and backfill the soil
- Provide ample water for each particular plant
- Review our how to plant guide!
For detailed information, please download our planting guides:
We deliver to Southern California including Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County, Riverside County, Imperial County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, and neighboring areas.
|Delivery Zone||Delivery Rate|
|Extended Delivery||Contact Us|