- The White Birch is quite a spectacular tree with a beautiful weeping form. It's most know for it;s bright white bark which has a somewhat pealing affect. The branches arch over in a weeping form and blow in the wind like a clock pendulum, hence the species name, pendula. Betula pendula is mostly found in nature near river banks and slopes where there is a close water source as these trees require regular water and are not very drought tolerant. Deer resistant. Native to Europe/Asia Minor. Is considered an invasive species in some northern and eastern parts of the US. USDA Zone: 2-6
15 gallon sizes may arrive between 5-7' tall, 24" boxes may arrive approximately 7-9' tall.
Sun Exposure: Sun Or Part Shade
Water Needs: Moderate/regular
Bloom Season: Spring/summer
Mature Height: 25-30'
Mature Width: 22-25'
Proper planting technique will help your plants thrive! Follow these simple steps to help your plants establish quickly, develop a strong root system, and live longer:
- Properly dig the hole
- Amend the soil to suit each particular plant
- Place the plant and backfill the soil
- Provide ample water for each particular plant
- Review our how to plant guide!
For detailed information, please download our planting guides:
We deliver to Southern California including Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County, Riverside County, Imperial County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, and neighboring areas.
|Delivery Zone||Delivery Rate|
|Extended Delivery||Contact Us|